Squeak direction: Was: Re: [squeak-dev] Terms of Reference: discussion is open

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 23:51:09 UTC 2009

El vie, 06-11-2009 a las 01:24 +0200, Igor Stasenko escribió:

> Needless to say, i'm not satisfied with current state of art.

It appears that everybody isn't satisfied but that changes nothing.

I think that what the board lacks is a real leadership, not like the
leadership we have seen, but a real leadership.

One that can envision a glorious future
One that can find the indispensable steps that lead to that glorious
future.
One that risk its popularity and sleeps thinking that the next day can
be removed from the throne.
One that risk lost part of the troops when following that glorious
future.
One that values the remaining troops as the ones having the same vision.

Which one of these has the Squeak board?

It doesn't have a glorious future envisioned for Squeak, that can be
expressed in some clear text and not in vague words and statements.
It can layout a list of basic steps to reach that goal.
It tries to be good with everyone by not taking decisions that could
upset some of them.
Don't want to loose more troops to bad decisions but they are losing
them because it can show them a path to follow.

I don't know a lot of history, but it is very hard to believe that
Alexander asked the troops if they wanted to go to conquer Asia or to
continue to build their beautiful homes and finding new techniques of
horse riding.

So, the summary appears to me, is that there is no future yet for
Squeak.

Thanks for the answers
--
Miguel Cobá