[squeak-dev] Terms of Reference: discussion is open

Ronald Spengler ron.spengler at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 08:30:48 UTC 2009

I was in the process of giving up. I wasn't particularly active on the
lists, but I didn't see anything happening either. The Pharo guys were
kicking ass and taking names, and the main Squeak group were muttering
amongst themselves without a release or even an update stream in
sight.

When the announcement that there was going to be a trunk repository
and a contrib repository was made, I suddenly had hope again. The fact
that there was a two-man release team that I didn't even know about
(being a noob, I guess) didn't make a whit of difference to me,
because they weren't shipping anything.

It's gravy now. I *love* clicking on the update button, and waiting
for something to break. Monticello still kinda sucks, but we'll fix
that eventually. The future is wide open and all that glitters is
gold.

Now we just need an MIT image.

REAL ARTISTS SHIP

--