Squeak direction: Was: Re: [squeak-dev] Terms of Reference: discussion is open

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Nov 6 10:22:02 UTC 2009

Hi Miguel,

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez wrote:

> With its twenty-something years Alexander was more capable of making
> decisions and lead ahead the people in the search of a dream.
>
> I repeat, no matter if the dream is to be accomplished with the help of
> gods or by own hand and sweat. Isn't also about if the future persons
> will qualify good or bad its own decisions. He just want to fulfill a
> dream before dying.
>
> What is the dream of Squeak before dying?
> Whom is to lead the hordes to reach that dream before the times change
> and the historians study it as a simple academic, incomplete and
> dead-before-time effort?
>
> Better to die trying something magnificent and unreachable that deciding
> where to go and what to do.
>
> Even Don Quixote went for its crazy dreams. That is not something you
> can deny him. The action by itself it is worth the effort.
>

>>> Thanks for the answers
>>> --
>>> Miguel Cobá
>>> http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Hey, nice talk. Now, what are your own great dreams with Squeak? What
are you doing to pursue them?

I can tell you about mine. Or you can read in this list and my web page
about Cuis and Morphic 3. I can tell about Bert, Yoshiki and VPRI
(Etoys, OLPC, FONC). I can tell about Andreas (Balloon 3D, Tweak,
Croquet, Teleplace). I can tell about Gulik (the Unnamed Grand Project).
Same for many others here. What about you?

This community can only achieve what its members actually do. For
instance, the last 2 years I gave up about 1/3 of the money I was making
just to have time to work on Cuis, Morphic 3 and to contribute to
Squeak. You can see some of the results of that in the trunk. What about
you?

And no, thanks. We don't need yet another non-contributing visionary.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich