[squeak-dev] Waiting forever on squeaksource (citezen)

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue Nov 10 21:21:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 14:11 -0600, Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez wrote:
> Umm, I haven't had any problem and I am using it daily on production.
> What problem do you have to got it work on Pharo?
I don't recall the details, though they are probably in the pharo and
magma archives.

> > magma
> > only recently added pharo support, so things are probably more
> likely to
> > go wrong there.
>
> That is a subjective opinion. As said before I haven't had any problem
> with magma on pharo.
While no one can predict the future, my opinion has some basis in what I
think are generally accepted software principles.  magma has been
developed with squeak and the maintainer has stated that he plans to
continue that way.  The general principle is "software will be more
likely to work well on its native/development platforem."

This morning the magma list had a report that a recent pharo change had
broken magma (slightly), with the maintainer indicating he needs some
help in dealing with such changes now and in the future.

Ross