[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: System-mha.167.mcz

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 15:01:11 UTC 2009

Hi Bert,

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>> obviously, we wouldn't need that. I didn't know such a menu item
>> existed - where is that? (Not in my world menu, anyway.)
>
> In the Help menu.

now that obviously makes utter sense. :-/

Honestly, who would expect to find the "update the system"
functionality in the "help" menu?! There should be a sensible default
location of this item. I'd expect it either in the top World menu, or
in "Preferences and Services".

OK. I volunteer to take care of this, but the decision is not up to
me. My personal opinion is that this should be in the World menu
itself. Any other opinions?

Best,

Michael