[squeak-dev] FunTrunk

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Nov 16 14:25:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 09:54:22AM -0200, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> I actualize Monticello and PackageInfo for let trunk could use
> ?ProcustesEnd?, or Monticello behave like old friend SAR and you could save
> into squeaksource code, picts, music, initialized Morphs, etc.
>
> What I test.
> Load Squeak3.10.2-Trunk-091024.
> Hit updates button, save as Squeak3.10.2-trunk.2009-11-16.image.
>
> In Monticello , add MCHttpRepository
>     location: 'http://squeaksource.com/Ladrillos'
>     user: 'squeak'
>     password: 'squeak'
>
> Load Monticello-edc.333, should loads PackageInfo-Base-edc.31.
> Then load MorphicPuzzle-edc.2.

Thanks Edgar, this is great!

I am not a Monticello expert, but I wonder what others think of
Edgar's extensions for storing non-code things in an MC archive?

I also note that loading MorphicPuzzle on a 64-bit Linux VM exposes
a VM bug (it works fine on a 32-bit VM though):

  lewis at linux-6xfc:~/squeak/Squeak3.10-dev>
  Segmentation fault

  44600172 JPEGReadWriter2>nextImageSuggestedDepth:
  44600080 JPEGReadWriter2>nextImage
  44599988 >formFromStream:
  44599884 BlockClosure>ensure:
  44599792 Cursor>showWhile: