[squeak-dev] 64 bit images

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Nov 17 02:50:32 UTC 2009

Ok, one of the objectives of building 64 bit Squeak VM hosting app was to let people explore solutions to address what a 64 bit image can do,
without the hosting harness it's hard to explore what's feasible.

A simple example is what happens if you have a 4GB 32bit image, although I've asked people if such a beast exists, no takers.

I'l note based on visual feedback at ESUG, and supporting hearsay you'll find *lots* of alpha developers using Squeak run on  OS-X, so let's push the envelope?

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882