[squeak-dev] Re: Seaside support in Squeak (Re: My Own Squeak Direction)

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Nov 18 03:07:00 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Julian" == Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com> writes:

Julian> It's just a matter of continually testing, fixing things that don't
Julian> work using Squeak-specific packages, and letting the rest of the
Julian> Seaside team know if there are things that need to be moved into
Julian> platform-specific packages in order to make porting possible. Probably
Julian> tracking changes to the Pharo-specific packages and adapting as
Julian> necessary would cover most of it.

As a datapoint, the alpha5 release works just fine in Squeak-trunk.

I'd like to reduce the "scare factor" that people are generating
about "Oh my gawd... Seaside will *only* run on Pharo!".  I will
personally commit to fixing *any* test failure for Squeak-trunk
on every released Squeak-trunk image.

I may ask for help.  But I want to make sure it's clear that
Squeak-trunk and Seaside 3.0 *are* compatible... we say so.