[squeak-dev] Re: Seaside support in Squeak (Re: My Own Squeak Direction)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Nov 19 21:00:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 12:41 -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> Chris> I'd like to elect myself dictator of official instructions and
> Chris> videos. We'd create a text page on squeak.org and link to a resource
> Chris> housing screncasts such as YouTube. So we have a YouTube channel where
> Chris> the official getting-started-with-Squeak videos are.

I'm fine with delegating dictatorial powers regarding screencasts and
documentation organization to you at least provisionally. ;)

> We have a Vimeo Squeak area, which can support longer videos than youtube.
> I think you're already a member there, but if not, just ask to join.

I also suggest that we use the Vimeo site

http://vimeo.com/groups/squeak

there at least was some momentum in that group for a while, although it
has died off somewhat.  And even though it's not perfect that site does
work and has some benefits.  There are a group of admins there already
(I have been checking the site at least twice a week for months now, if
activity is increasing I'll check it daily) and I would be happy to make
you one.

> Chris> They'd be official because the Squeak board has seen them and signed
> Chris> off on them.
>
> At this point, what the SOB is doing is empowering a "Squeak Seaside Support
> Team", which *you* have now volunteered to lead until you aren't. :)
>
> What we're signing off on is *you*, not each action you and your team members
> take.  Of course, like any team, the SOB acting on the behalf of the community
> might meddle, but let's first start by trusting that you'll do the right
> thing.
>
> Having said that, I'll be following this closely as well.

Which makes Randal your Coordinator, even if we aren't going to use that
terminology any longer. ;)

Ken