[squeak-dev] Sharing screencasts

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Nov 19 23:39:50 UTC 2009

On 20.11.2009, at 00:15, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Bert> Does anyone know a screen recording software for the Mac that easily
> Bert> produces video for upload?
>
> I'm a big fan of Screenflow, both because it's the only capture software that
> can capture the *entire* hi-res desktop I have at *full* speed, but it also
> has the best integrated video editing system, allowing callouts and multiple
> layers and 3-d effects.

Yes, I heard it's excellent, though for the handful of screencasts I'm going to ever do buying it seems unjustified.

I just found out (via Ken on IRC) that Snow Leopard's Quicktime Player actually allows screen recording with voice-over. Duh! There seems to be no way to capture just a window though. OTOH, there is even youtube upload built in ...

- Bert -