[squeak-dev] Clamato

Sophie424 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 19 15:50:25 UTC 2009

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 04.09.2009, at 20:53, Dan Ingalls wrote:
>
> Me too! And how well the ";" works with "." to separate statement is
> amazing. Others are imitating the cascade style by "chaining" but it
> looks weird and is limited at the same time; see e.g. this message I
> just got on a Python list:

Vasili Bykov gets some very readable statement separation for
non-parenthesized chaining of keyword messages,
http://blog.3plus4.org/2007/09/ and discussed more fully
http://blog.3plus4.org/2007/08/30/message-chains/.

In the context of Clamato, perhaps there is no real reason to tie up "," for
string concat (just use "+" for that), and instead use it for parenth-free
message chaining including keyword messages?