[squeak-dev] [ANN] Filesystem 1.0

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Nov 21 02:08:03 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

I've just made available for download a new project of mine. It's an
alternative interface to the filesystem, which grew out of my
frustration with trying to use FileDirectory for some particularly
file-intensive code. It's built upon the FilePlugin primitives, but
all the image-side code is written from scratch.

The interface offers:
	- Convenient path manipulation
	- Transparent access to the contents of zip files
	- Late-bound references to files and directories
	- Support for working with entire directory trees

A SAR file is available for download here:

	http://www.wiresong.ca/downloads/Filesystem-1.0.0.sar

A short tutorial is available here:

	http://www.wiresong.ca/filesystem/

Feedback appreciated!