[squeak-dev] Trunk updates all the way from 3.10.2

Stephane Schitter stephane.schitter at free.fr
Sat Nov 21 22:29:01 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am trying to convert a standard 3.10.2 image all the way through to the latest trunk version. The process works but the resulting image does hang when  trying to load Monticello-ar.323(321) - I saw 2 lists message referring to that bug and the answer was to rather use the latest trunk version from http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/

Is that it - will I not be able to built an up-to-date trunk from a 3.10.2 release ?

Also, the image I saved just before the point it hung on Monticello-ar.323(321) was very large (40Mb) compared to those recent trunk versions available from the squeak ftp server (23Mb)

How do you shrink the images to get such results ?

Regards,
Stephane