[squeak-dev] A Slogan

Ronald Spengler ron.spengler at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 19:57:34 UTC 2009

I remember a line from one of Alan Kay's papers, and I googled it this
morning, looks like he was maybe quoting H.G. Wells?

"Future history will be a race between education and catastrophe."

So, if we were going to be optimistic, we might build a system around
the way people learn (and lol! If Java wasn't built in anticipation of
catastrophe!)

I was thinking about it and came up with a little slogan:

"Optimized for Optimism"

I was thinking about putting that on a shirt with the Squeak logo; I
understand the board has dominion over the logo, so I'd like to know:
would this be okay? Do I need written permission or anything?

--
Ron