[squeak-dev] Compiling {} statically?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Nov 24 09:51:16 UTC 2009

Hi -

Here is a question: Does anyone know how much effort it would be to
compile the brace array construct down to a literal array if it only
contains static elements? This would allow us to use {} consistently
even in places where we'd otherwise use #(). I'm not sure if it's worth
it but I dislike the asymmetry in literal arrays that symbols aren't
prefixed by #symbol and if we'd be able to compile {} statically where
that's possible we could completely and consistently replace all uses of

Thoughts?

Cheers,
   - Andreas