[squeak-dev] Call for Slogans (was Re: A Slogan)

Ronald Spengler ron.spengler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 01:53:29 UTC 2009

I like it because it's not a tautology, but it looks like one because
the root word is the same.

It seemed to fit with a vision of human-machine symbiosis in a
positive way, where much of the popular literature is dystopian.

Mainly though, it's just what popped into my head when I was looking
at the H.G. Wells quote. I realize that without the quote it seems
pretty goofy.

Tim said: "anything that even tries to spread the idea that education
is good has my support"

Smalltalk's educational value definitely doesn't end with eToys. In
spite of all the oft moronic questions I've asked here, the number of
times the system lead me to answering my own questions (thus,
learning) astounds me, and I'm 30 years old.

So I'd like to ask all of you: if you can think of a better slogan,
something optimistic, something that holds learning in a high regard:
out with it!

I'm looking for something good to put on a shirt to wear around.

--
Ron