[squeak-dev] Performance of VM for concurrent users

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 00:30:57 UTC 2009

2009/11/24 Giuseppe Luigi Punzi <glpunzi at lordzealon.com>:
> Hi all again,
>
> I want to start a project, and I have a "little" doubt.
>
> The project, is a web game. This web game, will be a game like Ogame.
>
> This game, will do a lot of requests to the server through Ajax and or
> Comet, and I would like to know, about how many concurrents connections can
> a squeak image hold.
>
> Imagine each user have a little map, a local chat of the place it is, a
> global chat, a canvas drawing an interface, and so on.
>
> All of this, has to be updated each 500ms
>
> Is this possible?

i think best way to know it is to start writing it, and then when you
will have a good amount of users
bugging about slow & crappy connection speed, ask them for donation
and spend money either for better hardware or development of solutions
which would allow you to scale better :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.