[squeak-dev] Updated trunk image--can't start

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Mon Nov 30 00:40:17 UTC 2009

Andreas Raab wrote:
> Folks -
>
> After a nice batch of new stuff over the last two weeks, I've uploaded
> a fully updated trunk image to:
>
>   http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/Squeak3.10.2-Trunk-091128.zip
I am unable to get the resultant image to run.  Steps:
1. download file
2. extract the 2 files in it into the same directory as squeak.exe in a
directory created from the current windows download
Squeak3.10.2-7179-win32.zip.
3. Click  on image.

A popup ("Squeak: please select an image file"--standard windows
chooser) asks me to select an image.  If I pick the stock one, it
starts.  If I pick the new (trunk) one I get an alert (title "Squeak!")
saying "Count not open the Squeak image file ....".

I've tried the download and the opening several times.  I tried
launching the image from a separate directory, and dragging it onto the
squeak.exe icon.

Do I need a different VM?

Ross