[squeak-dev] Selection in new file list

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Wed Oct 7 08:05:08 UTC 2009

The new File list is nice, but it still has a problem
with the selection in the tree after typing.

On win32 if one types C:\temp and hits ENTER the folder
is not selected in the tree.

If one enters C:\temp\ and ENTER it is selected. I think
both options should be possible (since this is similar
behavior as in Windows Explorer, and yes I'm biased).

The reason is that anything after the "pathNameDelimiter"
is always identified as pattern.
See implementation in FileList>>pathAndPattern:

One possible solution could to check first if a subdirectory
with the extracted pattern exists
"(FileDirectory on: base) fileOrDirectoryExists: pat"
and react accordingly (ignore it as pattern and add it to the
base).

What do others think.

Bye
T.