[squeak-dev] Installing seaside in squeak trunk image

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 03:01:25 UTC 2009

Hi, I just installed Seaside version 2.8.4.591 from Universe. It finished ok
but when I tried to start the server with
WAKomEncoded startOn: 8080.

I got BlockClosure>>doesNotUnderstand: #newProcessWithBindings:

I searched a Seaside One click experience image (which is made with Pharo)
and I found this method in *DynamicBindings category of BlockClosure. In
order to make it work I simply filed out the whole category and loaded it in
squeak. It seems to be working but I wanted to make sure I was doing it
right. The thing is I want to show seaside to a friend that doesn't know
anything about smalltalk so I don't want him to get frustrated with obscure
bugs because of a bad installation. I suppose it would be best if I just
give him the Seaside one click experience image but I really don't like
Pharo.
Also, I would like to know what other package do you think I should install
in order to make a good starting environment for him.
Thanks in advance.