[squeak-dev] Re: Selection in new file list

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Oct 8 04:44:02 UTC 2009

Well we used URI with great success in Sophie, since we could use a
relative path then resolve it to a network path, file system path, or
a specialized in memory path in order to store book objects in those
three storage areas.

But a few things come to mind for example we could someone do

	foo := CPlatform homeDirectory or documentDirectory or tempDirectory
or musicDirectory and it would mostly do the right thing based on the
platform to construct a URI.

then what if you did

	fum := CPlatform homeDirectory , 'myStuff' , 'calledWhat' ,
'where.txt' .

using the ',' operator to concatenate a path together. Then a method
to return the proper path based on the type you want, and of course
the platform specific details.

	platformDirectoryPath = fum asFileSytemDirectoryPath.

--
=
=