[squeak-dev] http://source.squeak.org/inbox emptied

Ronald Spengler ron.spengler at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 08:18:39 UTC 2009

I think an extras repo would be cool. I'm in the midst of some
experiments with factoring a skinning infrastructure out of Polymorph,
and when I come up with the right approach, it won't look much like
polymorph anymore (I could create a new project on Squeaksource.com)
and won't be stable enough to go into a base image any time soon. One
of the design decisions I've made is to throw out compat with forks,
so it does make sense to track the work along side that of the trunk.

Another good reason to have an extras repo is: people who are doing
work on applications which don't belong in a base image will have the
opportunity to participate in the process with the same tools that the
trunk uses. So we'll feel the same pain with the outages, etc. This
encourages people working on their own projects to contribute fixes to
squeaksource, etc.

--
Ron