[squeak-dev] Re: Selection in new file list

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 02:46:44 UTC 2009

On Thursday 08 October 2009 09:34:41 am Andreas Raab wrote:
> Perhaps a binary operator #/ would be in order? I.e.,
>
>    foobar := FileDirectory default / 'foo' / 'bar'.
>
> (although this overloads the meaning of #/ which is not great either)
It is an excellent idea if URI extends Collection. Collections like
squeakland, temp directory etc. could be defined as separate name spaces like
home://, tmp://, squeakland:// and map entries to pathnames at run time.

Imagine begin able to load projects with:
     squeakland := URI namespace: 'squeakland'.
     project = squeakland / 'featured projects' at: 'brule.pr'.

Subbu