[squeak-dev] Fwd: [Pharo-project] Compiling a Squeak VM for Pharo on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Server (64bit)

Peter Osburg nabble at peterosburg.otherinbox.com
Mon Oct 12 08:51:04 UTC 2009

Hi list,

Ramiro Diaz Trepat-2 wrote:

> Is this the only way to get a 64 bit Linux VM?

I would like to raise the question again.

I tried to download squeak in a Debian with the mechanism described here:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3616

Unfortunately I always get this message: "Failed to fetch
http://ftp.squeak.org/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404
Not Found"

Is there a simple way like using "apt-get update" to install the latest
64bit vm? I am not that familiar with Linux and I would prefer easy and
simple ways, though :D

Thanks in advance for any help.