[squeak-dev] "implementors of" for MenuItemMorphs and PluggableButtonMorphs

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Mon Oct 19 21:20:40 UTC 2009

Fellow Squeakers,

I just added a feature to the inbox which I always wanted to have: I
often want to know how a certain menu item or button command is
implemented. Therefore I added "implementors of" to the debug menu of
MenuItemMorphs and PluggableButtonMorphs. The debug menu can be
accessed through the halos.

I am grateful for feedback, especially about the names of the methods
or the menu item. Or is there already a way to achieve this
functionality?

What might be even cooler: If I click a menu item or a button with
some modifiers pressed a debugger opens so that I can step through the
code. How could this be done?

Thanks for your support.

Cheers,
Bernhard