[squeak-dev] Commit messages revisited

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Oct 21 03:57:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 08:35:25PM -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:

> What I have been proposing is to use the mailman digest features to have
> the commit messages go to a separate commit list and cross-post a daily
> digest from the commit list to Squeak-dev. This should help us to keep
> awareness up and I think dealing with a single commit summary per day
> would keep the volume low enough for people to keep up with.
>
> I'm curious what people think about this idea or if you have other
> proposals for balancing these tradeoffs.

Perhaps the response will vary according to what mail reader is being
used. For myself, I use a simple text mail client (mutt), and it is very
convenient to scan through the commit messages quickly, deleting them
as I get the gist of what was done. This is easy and and efficient, so
I am satified with the current notifications.

Dave