[squeak-dev] Commit messages revisited

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 04:22:52 UTC 2009

2009/10/22 Hernán Morales Durand <hernan.morales at gmail.com>:
> Please, set up another list for commit messages, as Laurence said the
> mailing list is for programming in/using Squeak, not for developing
> the Squeak itself. There are many options before expecting/requiring
> 1000+ subscribers to create filtering rules in their e-mail clients.
> Cheers,

Is developing Squeak implying using and programming in Squeak?
If yes, then why you think that this list is wrong place for that? :)

There is one problem which we had in the past: a team of dedicated
people doing a black voodoo behind the scenes, and nobody aware what
exactly they doing, and then when they finally made a release, the got
burned because of major unacceptance among community.
What you think , in order to prevent that in future, wouldn't it
better to make a development process as much as open as possible?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.