[squeak-dev] Commit messages revisited

Ronald Spengler ron.spengler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 04:36:58 UTC 2009

Maybe squeak-users is in order after all. I think that with the
internet going for it, Smalltalk is virulent. I was going on about
objects and messages with some new coworkers when they looked at one
another, looked at me, and one of them said: "Have you heard of
Squeak?"

I had, I'd even installed it (another company I worked at had a Swiki
that I migrated to another server.) I just hadn't taken it seriously
enough to really *look.*

Two years later I'm in love, and I'm telling everyone I meet about it.

I would bet that the word "beginners" scares a lot of experienced
developers off of the other list. I almost wonder if squeak-core or
squeak-trunk is in order. Eventually, the community will be big enough
that the lists will need to split based if focus, I think. Not
convinced that now is the time, though.

--
Ron