[squeak-dev] Commit messages revisited

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri Oct 23 05:22:32 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Ronald" == Ronald Spengler <ron.spengler at gmail.com> writes:

Ronald> I would bet that the word "beginners" scares a lot of experienced
Ronald> developers off of the other list. I almost wonder if squeak-core or
Ronald> squeak-trunk is in order. Eventually, the community will be big enough
Ronald> that the lists will need to split based if focus, I think. Not
Ronald> convinced that now is the time, though.

It all depends on where you try to divide people.

We've broken it up as "-beginners" (any question is fair game)
and "-dev" (probably fewer beginner questions).

Are you saying it'd be better to break it up as:

-beginners => minute 0 to writing my own classes
-users => writing my own classes to just short of hacking core classes
-dev => hacking core classes, perhaps for inclusion in next release

?