[squeak-dev] Re: Accelerating MultiByteFileStream

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Oct 24 04:25:56 UTC 2009

Nicolas Cellier wrote:
> There should not be much conflict with trunk.
> The files load and the image still works :) (File tests pass at least).
> But I don't know if I'll have much time this week end.
> And there is a tricky Postscript, I don't know how to handle via MC:
>
> SourceFiles do: [:e | (e isKindOf: MultiByteFileStream) ifTrue: [
> 		e installLineEndConventionInConverter]]!
>
> Maybe the trick should better be applied to each and every file found
> in some registry...
> So yes, I think I need a bit help, at least for initialization.

All taken care of. It was actually interesting to see that because the
MC loader now has a well-defined load order there was no need to break
out the changes. They could go into a single commit. For the SourceFiles
I decided not to do an explicit doIt but rather put in a lazy install,
issue a config map, and remove the lazy install again. That works fine.
Oh, and I chose to ignore any other open files (I don't believe that it
matters).

Cheers,
   - Andreas