[squeak-dev] Re: GPGPU

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:05:08 UTC 2009

2009/10/30 Josh Gargus <josh at schwa.ca>:
> I thought Igor would respond, but since he hasn't...
> IIRC, Hydra is currently Windows-only, but is designed such that the
> platform-specific parts are small.  The bulk of the changes (such as
> changing the primitive interface to support multiple threads, etc.) are
> cross-platform.

Sorry, i missed this topic.
By availability, i meant, of course, the VM binaries, _ready to use_.
The core part of VM - an interpreter is cross-platform thing, but in order to
get it working you should provide a platform-specific implementation
of various functions
which VM expecting to have. Same is applied to plugins, which require
a platform-specific functions.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.