[squeak-dev] MVC scheduling broken in trunk

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Oct 31 22:22:08 UTC 2009

Something is out of whack with MVC control scheduling in Squeak trunk.
I am guessing that it may be something related to some earlier process
scheduling changes, but I can't spot what is going wrong. Here are a couple
of scenarios that illustrate the problem. Can anyone point me in the right
direction to find the cause?

Scenario 1:

  From an MVC project, evaluate:

    ProjectView open: MVCProject new.

  No window opens, and the image will not respond.

  Now do an <alt><period>, and Squeak exits with "scheduler could not
  find a runnable process" on the console.

Scenario 2:

  In an MVC project, do <alt><period>. No debugger window opens. Do
  another <alt><period>, and Squeak exits with "scheduler could not
  find a runnable process" on the console.

I first noticed this issue some time ago when I was checking low
space interrupt handling (which is broken for the same reason I guess).
Today I was looking at a problem in the MVC open->mvc project menu
and see the same sort of symptoms, so I think this is an issue that
has been in trunk for a while, most likely prior to any of the recent
Project refactorings to separate MVC and Morphic.

Thanks,
Dave