[squeak-dev] Re: Red box Re: All Clear (and Monticello issues)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Sep 1 01:53:43 UTC 2009

David Farber wrote:
> Edgar, thanks for the picture.  It reminded me of a question I've been
> wanting to ask for while.  Does anyone know how revive a morph after an
> error leaves it with the redbox and yellow x?  Last time this happened
> to me, I couldn't even locate the code responsible for handling this
> error state and drawing the redbox with yellow x

Look at the senders of #errorOnDraw to find the places that deal with
it. The short version is that the system catches errors in drawOn:
methods and then walks the stack trying to turn off drawing for the
morph in question. You can re-enable drawing by getting the handles on
the crossed-out morph, and from the debug halo choose "start drawing again".

Cheers,
   - Andreas