[squeak-dev] Trunk commits

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Sep 2 09:11:45 UTC 2009

On 02.09.2009, at 09:33, Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 11:51 PM, Michael van der
> Gulik<mikevdg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Would it perhaps be better to have the automated trunk commit
>> messages going
>> to some other dedicated mailing list?
>
> With squeaksource, it is easy to get an RSS feed of a package. That
> way only people interested get noticed.

Why would people on squeak-dev not be interested in Squeak development?

Invisibility of the actual development process was a big problem. I'd
rather have too much visibility than the impression that there is no
work being done.

Btw, you and many others got an invitation to become a core developer,
too. The list of current core developers on http://source.squeak.org/
(click Groups, then "Core Developers") is not even not half the number
of people who got the invitation (*). This indicates to me they are
not actually interested in advancing Squeak, but may I ask why not?

- Bert -

(*) If you didn't get an invitation in the first round but you have
been an active contributor on squeak-dev before, we probably just
missed you. Sorry, please let us know.