[squeak-dev] Clamato

Avi Bryant avi at dabbledb.com
Thu Sep 3 00:53:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Igor Stasenko<siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> nah, Chrome is a bit behind FF in functionality available (try
> rendering animated SVG's for instance)
> can't say anything about Safari
> And Firebug is a #1 tool for web-dev ;)

Sorry, I didn't mean to start a browser flame war :)  I just meant
"runs clamato better".  FF can't optimize recursive calls, which is
bad for clamato's PEG parser.

FWIW, I think the Web Inspector that Safari and Chrome share stacks up
pretty well against Firebug these days... especially valuable for
clamato is that you can set a displayName property on otherwie
anonymous functions, which is used by the debugger and profiler.

Avi