[squeak-dev] Metacello

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 3 12:14:59 UTC 2009

Germán Arduino wrote:
> 2009/9/2 Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>:
>

>>> No amount of effort announcing, documenting, and promoting makes any
>>> difference. I have made considerable efforts on all three over the past
>>> 3 years whereas in contrast Lukas does no announcing, documenting or
>>> promoting, yet people use his stuff without a second thought.
>>>
>> Simply not true.  Google Lukas Renggli and you get
>>    http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/
>>
>> Click on the Magritte link and you get overview, installation instructions,
>> links to mailing lists, code repositories, instructions on how to report
>> errors, a list of publications and a tutorial.
>> Google Keith Hodges and Bob the Builder and you get
>>
>>  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/release/2008-October/000036.html
>> which, when I read it, presumes I know an awful lot of context I have no
>> clue how to create.  There's no overview, there's no pointer to code,
>> there's no tutorial
This is an unfair comparison, Magritte is completed published work. Bob
is not yet to be completed. The email referenced above would make sense
to those who download the bob image or to those who logged in to the
public bob server to have a look around. I will leave you to discover in
good time the list of Lukas' contributions that have not been announced.

I emailed on the subject of Sake/Packages you reply with a complaint
about lack of documentation for Bob. They are not the same thing.
Sake/Packages has been available for a long while now and is reasonably
well documented via emails and in the class comment.

Installer install: 'Packages'.

see the class comment in the class Packages.

Keith