[squeak-dev] Clamato

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Thu Sep 3 15:05:13 UTC 2009

>Ronald Spengler wrote:
>>
>> The other shoe drops! Has anyone tried running this on the same page
> > as the Lively Kernel?

I was delighted to hear of Avi's project!

A year ago last March (3/14/08!) I tried to interest a buddy (who read this list ;-) in doing a Smalltalk "skin" over the Lively Kernel as an April Fool's project for Smalltalk folks.

Sadly, other priorities intervened, but I think this is a wonderful distraction.  The new JS engines make it quite practical, and Avi's openness to including some wisdom from Newspeak (and I still think about E and Linda) certainly get me excited.

Rock on

	- Dan