[squeak-dev] Clamato

Alejandro F. Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Sat Sep 5 22:06:30 UTC 2009

Hi Avi,
Clamato freezed my browser; I suppose it happens because
 it is Internet Explorer 8 and some settings can be inhibiting
 it to run as expected.
So, please consider that my questions come from a person
 that couldn´t see it running nor get information by himself. :-)

You claim that Clamato is a Smalltalk... for me, it implies
 that it is an object environment, e.g. it has support
 for at least this features:
- snapshot (can be primitive) that save the complete
  environment (or subset) capable to restart without
  loosing valuable state/information.
- become (&/or massive become) facility
- allInstances or an efficient way to iterate instances
  of a class (species or something equivalent) not known
  before evaluation time (e.g. can´t predict wich will be the
  class to change design).

Can you confirm that those features are implemented
 or that can be implemented efficiently?

thanks in advance and thank you for sharing
 the results of your work,
Ale.