[squeak-dev] [SUGG] About Bug Tracking

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Sun Sep 6 12:18:18 UTC 2009

El 06/09/2009, a las 13:36, Göran Krampe escribió:

> Hi!
>
> Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz wrote:
>> Gjallar(1) is a bug tracking software written in Squeak AFAIR and
>> probably is easy to integrate with the release image. Why we use
>> Mantis?
>
> Gjallar was not finished when we went with Mantis and it still
> *lacks* in some areas (while being *much* stronger than Mantis in
> others).
>
> So it would take some work to make this switch happen and well, that
> implies people spending hours on it.
>
> Personally I would probably hold off on such a migration until we
> have fixed some things in Gjallar. If you are interested in the
> details about what needs to be done, email me in private or ask in
> this thread and I can elaborate.
>
> regards, Göran

Hi Göran, thanks for your reply.

Well, I only post a suggestion. I'm not in position nor knowledge to
help at this moment. I only think, thath, a place to report bugs, is
needed, and I suppose thath something simple, (integrated with
Squeak), is enough. I don't know about Gjallar, but, I think you are
in position to post your opinion about how to use Gjallar on this. Is
not finished, but, probably, the features completed, is far for enough
(I don't know). Maybe something something new, and KISS (using Gjallar
as base) is enough.

Please, speak about details, I suppose is of interest of all, and if
not, is interest of me at least :D

Cheers.

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
Blog: http://www.lordzealon.com
Twitter & Skype & GoogleTalk accounts: glpunzi