[squeak-dev] VM compilation

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Sep 14 10:13:01 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 09:15:58PM -0700, Ang Beepeng wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I've been trying to build Squeak3.9 VM, compilation successful, but I get a
> blank window. Empty window with white screen.
>
> Any suggestion on what I might miss out? For SqueakVM to work, which are the
> plugins that must be included?

You should include at least these four plugins (build them as "internal plugins"):

  BalloonEnginePlugin
  BitBltSimulation
  FilePlugin
  SocketPlugin

BalloonEnginePlugin and BitBltSimulation are needed for display functions.
FilePlugin is needed for interacting with the sources and changes files.
SocketPlugin is needed for network connectivity.

Technically, the interpreter will run without any of these, but this is
the minimum set needed to do anything useful.

Dave