[squeak-dev] Squeak license? Traits?

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 21:36:21 UTC 2009

2009/9/15 Göran Krampe <goran at krampe.se>

> Michael van der Gulik wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I need an image which has:
>> * No traits.
>> * Monticello.
>> * MIT / Apache 2.0 license.
>> * As few bugs as possible.
>>
>> I need this to grab the code in the Kernel-* and Collections-* categories
>> as
>> a base for namespaced versions. This will be a fork and until I write
>> special tools to manage namespaced changesets, it will be one-way.
>>

> A sidenote - if you ever get the itch to do the "namespaced
> changesets"-work, please check with me first to see if we can instead do it
> in the realm of Deltas. They are much better :)

Sure :-). I'll investigate that when I get that far.

I'm going to separate source code from byte codes in SecureSqueak. Packages
will be loaded into an image in binary form and Class, CompiledMethod will
no longer manage source code. The source code management will be in optional
packages, and it will be "pluggable" such that any compiler / set of tools
can be used, so implementing a set of tools that use Deltas can be done at
any stage.

Gulik.

--
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/