[squeak-dev] Re: facelifting the trunk?

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Wed Sep 16 07:15:31 UTC 2009

Bert Freudenberg  wrote:

>> I have not yet noticed mention of a
>> restriction for artefacts harvested from outside the project.
>
> I don't follow - we are discussing including this in Squeak, aren't we?

If I write code myself, and submit it to the Inbox, I have to complete
a contributors agreement and license it as MIT.

If the community agrees to get code from somewhere else (in this case
from Newspeak) then that code may have an MIT-compatible license.  My
question is: does Squeak have a policy to say whether such foreign
code may be committed to the trunk?