[squeak-dev] UI Builder and PolyMorph (was Re: facelifting the trunk?)

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Wed Sep 16 13:11:04 UTC 2009

Hi,

El mié, 16-09-2009 a las 14:03 +0100, David Corking escribió:

> Giuseppe wrote:
> > I would like to see
> > SqueakUI Builder working out of the box over Squeak (it depends on Polymorph
> > and is being developed over Pharo).
>
> Google doesn't know much about it.
>
> Do you mean this?
> * http://www.squeaksource.com/CLFramework
> * http://www.youtube.com/user/nullPointerSM

Yes, I speak about this. I forgot to mention the video, sorry. And,
about Squeaksource project, I didn't have knowledge about some source
shared.

> As regards PolyMorph - it works for me on Damien Cassou's squeak-dev:
> a Preferences radio button switches themes.    He built it from the
> latest Squeak release, the same one  trunk comes from :
> Squeak3.10.2-7179  I don't know if PolyMorph works out of the box or
> if Damien adds any patches.
>
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st/seaside/pier/Smalltalk/squeak-dev

My mistake.

I tried again some minutes ago in my image. Is Trunk, updated as today,
with ecompletion and ocompletion. No more packages. And, polymorph,
seems to  loads ok, last time the image goes very unstable. CLFramework
loads, but fails trying to opening, with MessageNotUnderstood:
SystemOrganizer>>classesInCategory:

Well, is a step more forward.

I'm of the opinion thath tools like CLFramework, is a must be. Combined
with ffenestri, could be great.