[squeak-dev] UI Builder and PolyMorph (was Re: facelifting the trunk?)

Gerard N. A. epicfan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 14:12:40 UTC 2009

Excuse me for my poor english.

I´m developing the UIBuilder. I didn´t try use UIBuilder in Squeak, but i
understand than must be work with little bit changes. Perhaps now i could
try do compatible in two environments, but i believe each time will be more
and more hard :(

 >Yes, I speak about this. I forgot to mention the video, sorry. And, about
Squeaksource project, I didn't have knowledge about some source shared.

The app is in alpha. Only works for dummy things. I try adapt the widgets of
Polymorph for work in UIBuilder. I´m now doing the splitter :)

Too i want show the new capabilities:

- Adding icons/images for use in UIBuilder:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXvwieFA_4k

- Building a context menu with a Menu Editor ala VisualWorks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cilG97m4u2g

- Inlaying views into anothers views
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0dSuunKbEM

FFenestri seems a great thing :)

Another thing call me the attention to in GLMorphic, use OpenGL for draw the
morphs. I understand than perhaps for improve Morphic
a possible road could be that. Morphic is great, i believe than problems if
for needed of best widgets.I believe than a grid widget is very very needed
for something apps :|

Regards