[squeak-dev] Re: facelifting the trunk?

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Thu Sep 17 08:43:08 UTC 2009

Andreas Raab wrote:
> Eliot Miranda wrote:
>> Think how nice it would look crossed with the native font support we
>> now have :)  It's been pointed out to me that actually there's not a
>> huge amount of work in Facelift, and since the code is open source
>> there is nothing to stop you reimplementing it using the original as a
>> guide, is there?
>
> Indeed. What do people think about this little knock-off?

Very nice! And a hilarious name! :)

I always thought the UI in Stable Squeak was clean and nice, perhaps we
could steal something from there, like say the Window border? The
resizing handles also need some pixel pushing love...

Ah, here is my old article btw with screenshots of StableSqueak:

http://swiki.krampe.se/sqworld

And there is also a trivial utility to do gif captures of Windows inside
Squeak:

http://swiki.krampe.se/sqworld/uploads/1/WindowGIFCapture.cs

Not sure if we already have that today...

regards, Göran