[squeak-dev] facelifting the trunk?

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Thu Sep 17 11:45:21 UTC 2009

Stéphane Rollandin wrote:

>> Simply implementing a "better" look and feel doesn't strike me as the
>> best approach. It would be much better to find ways to make it easier
>> for people in the community to make their own aesthetic decisions. I
>> think that's how we'll get the best look and feel.
>
> +1
>
> Stef

On the other hand - if we can improve the default out-of-the-box L&F -
that is *still worth doing*, don't you think?

So the question is simple:

- Does it look better than what we have?
- If you do NOT think so, can you present an alternative that you think
looks better?

My personal answer is that it looks better than what we have (presuming
some coloring scheme for different tools is still in effect - I don't
want *everything* to be grey) and I don't have time nor interest in
producing an alternative. :)

regards, Göran