[squeak-dev] facelifting the trunk?

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Thu Sep 17 12:08:13 UTC 2009

El jue, 17-09-2009 a las 13:59 +0200, Torsten Bergmann escribió:

> Giuseppe wrote:
> >And this is done, and, at the moment, working out of the box, with
> >Polymorph.
>

> Göran wrote:
> >On the other hand - if we can improve the default out-of-the-box L&F -
> >that is *still worth doing*, don't you think?
>
> So what about
>  - integrating Polymorph by default
>  - change the "Squeak out-of-the-box theme" included in Polymorph
>    so we have a nice Squeak look
>  - throw out the others themes/make them loadable

Sounds good for me. But, as standard look, are you talking about
"Standard Squeak theme", or "Soft Squeak Theme". Soft Squeak, is more
accurate with the actual L&F.

If I can suggest, could be interesting, "Soft Squeak Theme", with
apropiate fonts (actual looks ugly on title bars), and mixed with
"botox" from Andreas "The surgeon" Raab, and buttons "close,minimize and
so on", from Newspeak :P