[squeak-dev] VM Crash

Martin martin.troielli at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 19:05:18 UTC 2009

Hi Folks,

My Squeak crashed with a "Fatal VM error" pop up that shows me a brief
description of the crash. I'm trying to identify the possible causes of
this from the information the pop up displayed but I got a little lost.
The information shown information about some exception address, exception
code and a "Primitive Index: 1041". I couldn't find the mentioned
primitive neither at the VM source code nor at the Squeak image calls.
Anybody knows how this primitive # is generated? or where to look to find
it?

The sign also indicated that a "crash.dmp" file would be generated but
unfortunately did not.

Any helps on following this issue will be very appreciated.

Best regards,
Martin