[squeak-dev] Named serial ports

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 21:25:59 UTC 2009

Hi, I've been testing the patch for accessing named serial ports in Ubuntu
9.04 with an USB Arduino. I'm very grateful for this patch because it solves
me a lot of problems.

Although it seems to be working fine, I have two questions:

1) Is it possible to access the list of available serial ports? (The
official arduino software lets you choose from a list of serial ports and I
would like to do the same).

2) The first time I open a port, it works fine. Then, if I close it and open
it again, everytime I try #nextPutAll: I get a primitive fail. This happens
with port numbers and with port names. The only workaround that I found is
closing the Squeak image and open it again. Could it be a bug in the serial
plugin?

Again, thanks for this patch!
Cheers.
Richo