[squeak-dev] irc bots review, call for consensus

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sun Sep 20 12:13:50 UTC 2009

Hi Simon,

Simon Michael pravi:
> a. Minor tweaks only, they are basically fine where they are.
>
> b. Move them all to back to #squeak-in-depth or elsewhere, they are
> damaging #squeak!
>
> c. Move the noisy commit bots to a separate channel, keep others where
> they are.
>
> d. I have a better idea: ...

First let me say that this is in overall a great idea and worth
continuing with it. So thanks for setting those bots up. I think that
with few more tweaks we can achieve a desired effect for most of the people.

So I vote for c.

Namely, commits bot is much more frequent comparing to blog and
specially StackOverflow ones. Later ones are more important for most
people, so there is a problem, commits bot overshadows those later two.
You cannot distinguish their posts easily from commit posts.

I therefore propose that commits go to the separate channel while only
the daily summary report is posted to #squeak channel.

That way we'll achieve both: showing the activity for the broader public
in main channel , while notifying the commits ASAP for those interested
in a separate channel.

Best regards
Janko

--